- Date: Saturday, October 28, 2017
- Time: 11:00 am
- Parade Route: Begins at intersection of North and Earl Garrett streets, proceeds south on Earl Garrett Street turning left on Water Street proceeding east, parade will disband on Water Street at “E” or “F” Streets. Click here to view a picture of the parade route
- Information and packets may be requested by mail: Kerr County Fair Parade Committee, PO Box 290842, Kerrville, TX 78029; by telephone (830) 257-6833; email – firstname.lastname@example.org or downloaded below:
- Application must be completed and returned by October 14, 2017.
2017 Parade Application
- Festivals and Fairs: local and visiting associations promoting events.
- Youth Organizations: civic or school organizations with any part of K-12, public or private, 4-H, scouts, sports teams, etc.
- Elected Officials: elected officials only; no political candidate running for office.
- Commercial: Organization or business conducted for profit; single unit or fleet.
- Marching Units: Bands, drill or dance teams, military, scout troops, etc.
- Non-Profit: Organizations conducted not for profit such as churches, Lions Club, Rotary, Shrine, Elks, city, state, or federal agencies.
- Automotive: Antique, classic, new, tractors, fire departments, military, wreckers, race cars, motor bikes, etc.
- Fair Queen Contestants: All scholarship pageant candidates.
PARADE REQUIREMENTS & RULES
- A licensed driver must operate autos and large vehicles. Small vehicles (mini-bikes, small tractors, etc.) must be operated by a person age 16 or older.
- All bands and marching units shall be uniformly dressed and accompanied by an adult leader.
- Youth organizations or groups shall be accompanied by an adult.
- Line up will begin at 9:00 AM; judging will take place at 10:00 AM.
- Parade will step off promptly at 11:00 AM, rain or shine (bring rain gear).
- Judging will be by point system for general appearance, artistry, originality, animation, and costuming.
- No alcoholic beverage will be consumed before or during the parade.
- All horses must have a negative EIA (Coggins) within the past twelve months. All horse entries must provide street cleaners; littering ordinance strictly enforced.
- All entries must be registered with liability waivers on file for each participant.
- No one is permitted to ride on a car top, fender, hood, etc.
- No throwing of any objects from the parade entry, such as gum, candy, and pencils.
Entries must remain in the position assigned unless approved by a parade official.
- No campaigning by any parade participant (distributing cards, banners, etc).
- Parade Committee reserves the right to refuse any entries not conforming to family-oriented quality and high standards of Kerr County Fair Association. Failure to comply with rules may result in removal from parade and will affect future invitation to participate. All Parade Committee decisions are final.